PEDAL, PADDLE , FISH & GOLF
Outdoor Sports Abound
The Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail through the Park offers 27 miles of 10 foot wide off-road biking or walking paths through the Dunes, over wet lands, through woods, past Glen Haven and original settlers’ farm lands.The trailhead is just a block from the inn. Bringing your own bike, great. If not, we love The Cyclery, Glen Arbor’s only full-service bike shop.
For many guests being on the water is what our area is all about. If you bring your own kayak or SUP, there are plenty of launch sites. Ask us!Don’t think, though, that you must have to own a kayak. Rentals are plentiful for kayaks and canoes, SUPs, motorized pontoon boats, jet skis, motor boats, and even some sail boats:
- Crystal River Outfitters : nearest spot for kayaks, canoes, and stand up paddle boards
- On the Narrows Marina : pontoon boats, jet skis, power and sail boats on the Glens.
- Glen Craft Marina : also rent pontoon and power boats to tour the Glens.
- The Narrows Yacht Club : of Lake Leelanau, offers pontoon and fishing boats to explore Lake Leelanau.
Fishing adventures on Lake Michigan or bass fishing on our inland lakes are also plentiful. There are Captains steps away in Glen Arbor familiar with all the lakes, including the Big Lake, to provide a satisfying charter experience. Check out:
- Wattabite Fishing : William Winowiecki
- Reel Tales Fishing : Scott McDaid
- Mariah Fishing Charter : Robert Smith
Inland lake bass fishing? Spend several hours or all day bass fishing? WE HAVE A VERY SPECIAL CONNECTION. Butch the Bassman will pick you up at the inn to cast on Glen Lake, Lake Leelanau or Big Platte. Ask us!
As for hitting the links, our favorites within 30 miles of the inn:
- Mistwood at Lake Ann
- Manitou Passage Golf Club : Beautifully updated Arnold Palmer course in Cedar.
- The Old Course at Sugar Loaf Mountain, also in Cedar.
- Crown Golf Club on the west side of Traverse City.
- Crystal Mountain’s two courses, the Betsie Valley and Mountain Ridge, in Thompsonville.
- Dunes Golf Club in Empire for those who want an easier round.