We’re still honoring the safeguards and protocols we put in place last summer to ensure every guest has a relaxing and safe stay. There is no denying that COVID-19 has changed the way we live our lives. Contactless check-ins. Masking in our public spaces. Safe distancing in the living room, dining room, and porch. Hand sanitizer readily available. Individual breakfast trays and coffee service. Removing all those tabletop items. Rigorous disinfecting standards. And masking around town in all the stores, shops, and restaurants to keep us open, healthy, and loving Glen Arbor. #SmartIsSmart.
Making It Work for You
While we have always prioritized a high level of cleanliness at Glen Arbor Bed & Breakfast, we’ve increased sanitization methods to bring an added peace of mind. From the moment you arrive until the bittersweet departure, you’ll find yourself in good hands.
- Contactless Check-in: Thanks to modern technology we created contactless check-in and check-out. We have also suspended daily housekeeping during your stay to minimize contact. If you need extra towels, linens, or anything else, we can easily drop them off outside your room or cottage, and can always empty your trash if you place it outside your door;
- Contactless breakfast: The highlight of your stay in the inn, that wonderful gourmet breakfast freshly created each morning, is plated and delivered to your individual table in the living room, dining room, porch, or even in your room.
- Modified room and suite accommodations: This means slightly different occupancy standards to ensure safe distancing. On the first floor, the adjacent Count’s and Twin’s Rooms with a shared bath are now available only as a combination for a single-family or friends’ group. Or either Twin’s or Count’s Room is available as a single room with a private bath and the other is blocked off.
- Housekeeping: We have a five-step cleaning and disinfecting procedure to assure the safety of your room or cottage. Moreover, EPA-approved disinfectant is used for all surfaces, both private and common.
- Limited Décor: Just to be safe, we removed some of our extra decorative pieces, pulled the living room sofa in preference to individual seating, and collapsed the dining room table, while shifting to more intimate tables, including in the rooms.
What Our Guests are Saying
“Lane’s cottage was perfect for my husband and me on our most recent trip to Glen Arbor. We are frequent visitors to this village, but we needed a smaller place than usual for just the two of us. The cottage had everything we needed. Steps from anything in town and the beach… Perfect break during the pandemic as we were to ourselves. The innkeeper, Laura was welcoming and helpful. Glen Arbor B&B & Cottages was an excellent value for this area. Love Leelanau County!! I will stay here again! Highly recommend”
“My wife and I spent 4 nights at GA B&B. We had an outstanding stay. Our room was spotless and the COVID protocols in place were spot on. Laura, the innkeeper, was a great host, very personable and helpful. And she created the most delicious breakfasts. Laura also went above and beyond to get us dinner reservations at an alternate restaurant when our original restaurant closed at the last minute due to COVID issues. We will definitely return to GA B&B again.”
“As soon as we checked in, we knew we were going to like this place. They took all the precautions for Covid by having a contactless check-in, breakfast delivered to us, and our own separate coffee in the common area. They had a couple of stations set up for masks, hand sanitizers, etc but still managed to keep the charm of staying in a B & B. Breakfast every morning was fantastic – Laura does an amazing job preparing breakfast as well as presentation…..The Inn is located in the middle of town so you just need to park and explore all the shops and restaurants on foot. The beach at the end of the road has the best view for nightly sunsets. We will absolutely visit this inn again.”
How Glen Arbor is Keeping You Safe
Glen Arbor overall is doing everything possible to ensure that our visitors remain safe. From our independently owned restaurants to gorgeous wineries and quaint shops, you’ll find everyone is doing their part.
- Mask Requirements: Michigan continues to ask that all citizens wear masks inside and at crowded public places, even those who have been vaccinated. And safe distancing, too. Make sure to bring a mask with you, but if you forget you can find one at any supermarket, gas station, or supply store. Or we have a few to share, too.
- Restaurant capacity: Michigan restaurants’ pandemic guidelines continue to fluctuate. And new visitors are flooding the region – and any restaurant capacity — as we offer such special and safe experiences.
That said, it is best, even into summer, to Make A Plan for your meals. Ask us about anticipated availability or carry-out during your days here, and schedule advanced dinner reservations if there is somewhere you REALLY want to eat. We’ll be happy to share the latest, guide you on options, point you to the best outdoor spot or welcome you back to a dining table for your carry-out. Be aware, though, that cannot make anything in the kitchen available to guests for heating, food preparation, or storage.
- Educational Signage in Public Areas: Glen Arbor continues to practice masking, safe distancing, and the other protocols for us to share The Most Beautiful Place in America.
Experience the Leelanau Peninsula while staying safe and healthy at the Glen Arbor Bed & Breakfast and Cottages. Questions? Simply call (231.334.6789). We are here and ready to share anything about our cleaning routines and distancing procedures to be sure you are comfortable.